a daily journal, of sorts

Monday, October 11

Reflections on the Nature of Addiction

To make a long story short: two weeks ago I was focused, clean and moving forward. Had a really bad day (lost some important housing I was depending on, ended up living in a motel for a week and a bit) and went on the rampage. Things are better now, but I really can't see what I was supposed to learn from that little episode. I guess it'll come to me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay in Your Day. I know that's hard, when you loose housing, i've been there too. Staying clean and sober should be your main focus, behind a roof and food. if you're drunk and high, you will not have the ability to make right decisions and cope with adversity. It is the sharp focused mind that gets answers.

"Leave the past behind, don't worry about the future, do not cling to the present and you will achieve calm."

Shakyamuni Buddah.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but if it helps then i've done my job. A friend, likes to tell me, that at any given time of day, " You are right where you need to be." ( My sponsor )...

AS long as you have a roof over your head and food in your belly and you're clean and sober, just for today, then all is well, isn't it?

Living clean and sober takes a little work and a little fortitude.

Be well. and remember someone else in recovery reads your blog. 3 years in December for me.

Jeremy

2:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's a little extra for you:

http://dryblog.blogspot.com/

cheers
jeremy

2:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home