An Moment of Blinding Insight
The content of an email I just fired off to Anderson Cooper - he actually responds to viewer email, which I find enormously appealing.
... to paraphrase the Toobinizer just now, I just had a moment of blinding insight on my first day back watching your show (after a 2-month hiatus).
I understand why you're more likely to be the future face of MSM than, say, Brian Williams, or whomever CBS puts up to bat next. (Not that I have anything against their faces...).
It's because you're one of us (us being the empowered, blog-aware, information-multi-sourcing generation distrustful of the 60's metaphor: "trust the gray-haired newscaster with the stentorian tone") - your questions on the scene mirror those we would want to ask, were we in the same position; your reactions somehow resonate with us because we're pretty sure we'd feel the same way too. In fact, we do !
And not that I have anything against gray hair.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home