a daily journal, of sorts

Friday, October 22

In, But Not Of

Last night I struggled to fall asleep. The cause of my insomnia was most peculiar. People kept interrupting me, questioning me, rousing me from semi-slumber. Unusual in and of itself, but furthermore, these people were all in my head. The characters of this narrative being revealed to me - piecewise - were collectively insistent in their determination to be heard.

"What of me ?" one would cry when my attention wandered to another, or heaven forbid, to the fast-receding objective of sleep.

I honestly do not know when I finally fell asleep, but I awoke this morning with a fervent desire to record what I had heard and seen. All I know is that is beyond me, I am in the thrall of a revealing Spirit to whom I am grateful (for much more than this, too, to be sure !).

So occupied was I today in an unseen realm (like a journalist briefly transported to a foreign land in some age of antiquity, struggling to record all in view with only pen and paper) that several people gently stopped me to inquire as to my general wellbeing. The look on my face must have been precious ! For a few hours I truly was in, but not of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home